Sunday, May 14, 2017

CF Awareness Month Day 14 - Kid Talk


I don't have kids of my own to comment on my CF, and I don't remember any of my own insightful comments on the disease when I was a child (though there were many, undoubtedly).  I do have lots of little cousins and two nieces who ask questions about my health along the way.  Usually it's something along the lines of "Are you sick?" whenever I cough in front of them.  Usually I just say "Kind of, but don't worry, you can't catch it."  My toddler niece likes to join me when she sees me doing my treatments, though, which is pretty cute.  She's tried on my AffloVest before, and sometimes sits with me if I'm doing my more intense Hill Rom vest, and she's been known to find random (clean!) nebulizers sitting around and stick them in her mouth.  :)  I think it's pretty cute, and the fact that the treatments don't really phase her and she actually wants to mimic me when I'm doing them makes me love her even a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment