Monday, May 15, 2017

CF Awareness Month Day 15 - Oops!


There are a lot of actions that become rote behavior over the years of caring for your CF day in and day out.  Sometimes this is great because I can just put my mind on "cruise control" and get through a lot of my daily treatment requirements without expending much mental energy, but every once in a while it can throw a funny wrench into things because I'm not paying attention.

My biggest repetitive "oops!" moments probably go along with what I call my enzymes-autopilot-mode.   Sometimes, (often at the end of a long day), I'll suddenly think of something I need to go do in the kitchen, and then I let my mind wander as I walk and apparently my "autopilot" kicks in - because the next thing I realize, I'm standing in the kitchen, and instead of completing my initial task of taking a tylenol, or doing my inhalers, or unloading the dishwasher (I wish I were kidding...), I'm holding a glass of water and mindlessly swallowing enzymes!   Haha!  Thankfully a couple of superfluous enzymes here and there isn't something you really have to worry about, so once I realize what's going on I just laugh at myself...then sit there way too long trying to remember why I came into the kitchen in the first place.  đŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment