Thursday, May 25, 2017

CF Awareness Month Day 25 - CFF and Our Anniversary!


I've mentioned the CF Foundation in a few of my past posts.  They are a huge driving force in the hunt for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and an excellent resource for patients and their families.  They, along with organizations like CFRI (Cystic Fibrosis Research Inc.), have poured countless resources in improving the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and I am only here today because of the treatments and research that have been funded by these organizations.  Check out their websites:

www.cff.org
www.cfri.org

In other news...

Today is our wedding anniversary!!  4 wonderful, silly, love-filled years together. :)  If you want to kill some time, feel free to check out my wedding blog post from back in 2013.

We're back in the hospital this week, so the ambiance is not ideal, but my wonderful hubby has still managed to spoil me.  It started with a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses (our special flower), and a ridiculous assortment of breakfast foods that I love.  Also two awesome pairs of pajamas, and one ridiculous-looking pair that he dared me to wear all day with a straight face (challenge accepted!).  Next came not one, but TWO boba teas, because I'm always sad that one is just never quite enough. :)  I'm pretty sure he's the most amazing man alive, and I'm still so so excited that I get to be married to him.  I love you, boo!

Also, when the nurses and RTs found out it was our anniversary, they went in together and bought us a beautiful ceramic cross and they all signed an anniversary card.  They are so so sweet. ๐Ÿ’š  Gift wrap was in short supply, so someone got creative and wrapped it in an isolation gown with waterproof tape, haha. ๐Ÿ˜‚  It was perfect.

 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! It's too bad that you are stuck in the hospital on this special day; I'm sure you'll make up for it later. ; )

    ReplyDelete